Friday, July 21, 2006

Watery Winter's Day

It is a WWD and I could not resist the lure of my art desk. I made a couple of these little journals - just discovering the joy of coating everything with shellac. Love the gloss, love the colour and it dries so quickly! Umm, do you use this on floor boards? Perhaps if I collaged my floorboards I would be more inspired towards working on them..


I am also finshing prep for school and trying to get organised to be away for a few days. I have Professional Development in Perth on Monday, so will spend time with a couple of friends over the weekend. The day before a trip is always a funny one for me, caught between wanting to stay home and knowing I will enjoy myself once I reach my destination. Trying to pack without Maggie seeing - so as to put off her distress, and not really wanting to pack at all. Knowing that my next post will be about the wonderful time I had away...

1 comment:

Dot said...

Hi there sweetheart

Thought I would check in and say hi.

Love the litle journal you made. Gorgeous! Have not used Shellac before. Sounds lovely.

How did your weekend with friends go?

Hope Maggie coped ok without her mama.

Dotee xoxo