Thursday, January 18, 2007

Painting - but not having fun, yet.

The lounge room "quick paint job" has turned into what will be a five full day marathon of scraping, sealing, replacing, painting and cleaning. Needless to say I am falling into bed each night without creating a thing. I have taken some before shots and will take some after's so hopefully you will see an improvement.

I am taking a little time to drop by a few blogs -usually while eating, so have been very slack about commenting. I really am missing my daily interactions - but hope to be back on deck next week. Meanwhile stay safe and know that I am thinking of you all.

6 comments:

Janet said...

I can relate to the painting taking forever to do. And also to the problem of getting around to all the blogs. I'm having that problem myself. I need about 24 extra hours each day!

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Isn't that always the way...you start out thinking you can just roll the walls and voila - done. I've had this happen more than once, what I figured to be an afternoons job became a week. The good thing is that when you're all done it's something to be proud of. I will be looking forward to seeing before and after photos.
XOXO
Love,
Lisa

Holly Loves Art said...

Hi Julie, I'll look forward to seeing before and after photos too! Have fun and try not to get paint in your hair - that wall paint is horrible to get out.

Thank you-thank you for the gorgeous ATC you sent me! I received it yesterday, on my actual birthday! So it was an extra special surprise.

:)

Dawnie said...

It will be lovly and fesh when its all done J.Light at the end of the tunnel as they say.You will have that 'new home' smell.Bet you feel like you just moved in.

Cant wait to share your facelift with some pics

Dont forget to put your feet up a little bit too.

Dawn xxx

Dot said...

Thinking of you Julie. And hoping that Maggie doesn't have any more polyfilla accidents :)

One Crabapple said...

Yes! about these little things we think we will just whip out and have done ! oh I feel your pain. Glad to see you kept to your plan tho. You did a wonderful job and the room looks GORGEOUS. I bet you are feeling good every time you enter that room. VERY NICE !!!!