Tuesday, March 27, 2007

From somewhere within ...

A 6" x 4" mixed media collage. The background is kitchen napkins used to soak up some golden fluid acrylics (under the vylene I painted at Art Journey Retreat). I have glued scraps of the vylene onto the background, Emily is printed on fabric, the egg is an ink jet transparency-transfer added later. I stamped 'Emily Played with a mix of JoSonja inks and Hero Arts stamps, and used the same paint to edge the piece. Finally I got out a needle to add the stitching and pin pricks, then the flora.

This one was a bit of whimsy as I thought of all my blog friends going off to Artfest this week. I am so looking forward to hearing all your stories, seeing your workshops products and pins swapped. Safe travelling to you all.

7 comments:

Judy said...

Looks gorgeous. i think it will be somewhat of a blogging drought this week with so many over at artfest - green with envy here - but I am planning to be there next year. Love to go with an Aussie contingent, wouldn't that be great.

Natalie B said...

Gorgeous Julie. I so wish I could do transfers. Mine always look horrid. I'm sure it's one of htose things, the more you play, the better you get.

Beautiful work as always.
Nat

Janet said...

Emily is cute and sweet. I haven't had much luck with transparencies but I haven't done too many yet. I like the playful quality of this piece....the leaves, and the flowers at her feet are just right.

kelsey said...

What a beautiful piece Julie! I too love transparency transfers....these would be the most consistent transfers for me, apart from Sheer Heaven ones that is!

Love the stitching too!

Dawnie said...

Truly beautiful Julie. You have waved your talented touch once again.Tis a beauty.Love the image.

Dawn

Dot said...

This is gorgeous Julie. Love the image of the girl and have you have sewn onto the velvet leaves too.

The egg in her centre is a lovely touch.

One Crabapple said...

oh my goodness - I just LOVE "EMily Played"....