Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Dots and Dashes

What a busy few weeks it has been. The space bar ceased functioning on my laptop and I attempted typing using.in.place.of.space. - it sent me crazy. So eventually I gave in and sent the computer off to be repaired. I felt like I had lost an arm and yet I thoroughly enjoyed the extra creative time.
These earrings feature Watsonia bulb bases and watch cogs. I was very pleased when I made my own ear wires for these ones and have given a couple of pairs as birthday presents this week.

On Friday morning Phantom walked in with his front leg sticking out at an odd angle. A quick call to work and off to the vet we went. Phantom is the easiest cat imaginable, as the vet manipulated and felt the leg he pressed his head deeper against my neck and purred loudly. It was dislocated and there was a puncture mark so it appears the poor little man (umm...8kg and verrrrry long) had been attacked. No scratch marks on his face this time which was a change. He is such a good cat and has happily taken his medication morning and night while rubbing his face against me.
I spent the weekend sharing this cosy one roomed cabin with three friends. We were at a Christian Women Communicating International camp held just half an hour away on the coast. The speaker was wonderful - funny, entertaining and yet she gave plenty of inspiration and encouragement to take away and mull over. We laughed a lot, ate too much amazing food and celebrated the birthdays of two of my room mates. Bliss.

2 comments:

Natalie B said...

gorgeous work as alwasy Julie.

Dawnie said...

love the cool cog earings and happy to hear you had a fab time away.Seems 08 is the year for blooming friendships.See you soon miss Julie

Hug ya
ME xxx