Sunday, December 06, 2009

Animal Antics

I was tempted to title this post animal cruelty, after all it is about the hideous hair cut I organised for my Archer and an abandoned kitten, but there is fun and light too. Last summer Archer was very hot so I had planned to ask my groomer to clip him this visit - perhaps not this short.
However, Archer scented a treat on my art table and helped himself, attaching the bezels, full of freshly poured resin in the process. Cutting them out left him looking like he had mange. Poor boy he now looks like a cross between a dalmatian and a beagle and not my cuddly boy at all.
About two weeks ago a local vet found some three week old kittens abandoned on their steps, they were to be euthanised so my friend Suzie and her family adopted one, little Prada, pictured here. I was so blessed to have my kitten fix when she came to stay for four days while her new family are away. Lots of kitten cuddles and play.
This adorable blue eyed bundle has the staying power of the Energiser Bunny and the spunk of Danny Green, my three big boys all moved when she directed an unladylike hiss in their direction. Only Archer had the staying power to get through the little person fear and make a friend. As I type they are playing chase across the bed (both) under it (Prada) and around it (Archer)! Oh and the big boys are here watching and purring content to leave them to it.
Poor Arch, perhaps it took his mind off THE haircut; I have a feeling there will be more than three weeks between a good one and a bad one in this instance!
Oh and in case you are wondering, my wonderful groomer did exactly what I asked and thought Arch' looked wonderful. the best I could manage was, "Oh, so that is what he looks like underneath."

8 comments:

Narrative jewelry said...

Thank you so much Julie to share with us these lovely photos, they made me smile a lot. The little kitty is just so funny with his beautiful blue eyes. Archer doesn't seem to be so sad, and his short hair give him the look of a young boy ;-)

xox

Janet said...

Poor Archer....but his hair/fur will grow back. I'm sure he's much cooler, too. And he's cute no matter what! As for the kitty, what a little bundle of fluff! Love those huge blue eyes.

Dot said...

I think Archer is still a beautiful boy and he will be lovely and cool in the heat. And that little kitten made me squeal with delight. What a sweetheart.
Dot xx

Dot said...

P.S I adore the first photo of Archer in this post. And the look in his eyes. Love him!

Diana said...

Your little Archer is still adorable!!
Hugs
Diana

miz katie said...

I cut my Lola's hair over the summer, and it's just now growing back. Arch looks super!

Jen Crossley said...

Archer is such a cutie no matter the hair cut
Jen
PS Happy Birthday

Cat said...

Oh Julie, Archer is still so cute! He does look a bit down over the whole ordeal though. Tell him to cheer up, he'll feel so cool!

Cute kitty fun!

Smiles, Cat