Sunday, April 20, 2008

Doll Fever

It is an icy cold, wet and windy day here, perfect for alternating between a good book in bed and the art cave. Somehow sewing seems to work with the weather. This is the second Dotee Doll I bought as a kit from, well, Dotee. I think the combination of these kits and Kelsey's class has me started on a whole new addiction, perhaps that is why I resisted these adorable little dolls for so long.
I adore Matroushka (there are several spellings of this word) dolls, and have several wooden sets, earrings and more. From the moment I saw the Matroushka Dotee Doll families I loved them, imagine my utter delight when this little family arrived in my mailbox, bliss, pure bliss. I have picked them up to examine their tiny beads and happy smiles a dozen times and smiled a hundred smiles as I walked past them in my kitchen. Thank you Dot.

5 comments:

Dot said...

Love what you have done with your 2nd Dotee doll kit Julie!

And your set of Russian dolls look so happy in your home too :)

Mmmm...sounds like you have may have gotten the doll bug - be afraid, be verrry afraid heee heee..

jessica said...

oh what fun, sweet dolls.

Ms Dragonfly said...

the mamma and her babies looks so sweet. i can't imagine the time it took you to make that!

Melissa said...

Love the Matroushkas you are right the little families are very, very sweet.

Debbi Baker said...

Your Dotee dolls all look gorgeous Julie! Went to reply to your comment on my blog and realised it is no-repky!! I just wanted to apologise for mentioning the "H" word - very uncouth of me, promise I won't do it for at leats another week...