Friday, January 09, 2009

What's in the pot?

Apricots, apples, dates, ginger, sultanas, pepper and more, all set to bubble away into a thick fruity chutney, perfect for with Indian curries, or cheese and crackers. This was my first creation yesterday and I so loved the look of all the fresh ingredients I decided to stick with focusing on them rather than the finished products.
Apricots, onions, freshly grated nutmeg, ground cloves, spices and a second chutney, golden in its jars and delicious with everything! Can you tell I love chutney?
The last of the apricots lightly stewed ready for winter crumbles, and muffins. It is a long since I have enjoyed cooking as much as I am at the moment, for a long time pet food and quick curries were all my poor pots experienced.
Archer's dinner carrots, beans, garlic, oats, rice, and yes-a little meat under there.
Dark ale, date and barley bran muffins.
I went to bed feeling a special sense of achievement last night, lots of jars just waiting to cool and then be moved to the dark linen closet, containers stacked in the freezer, muffins in the tin. Sublime.

5 comments:

Doreen G said...

These all look good Julie--love fruit chutney and even Archers food looks good.
You sure have been busy

Ro Bruhn said...

Ohhh not only does it look good, I bet it smells divine.

Janet said...

Yum! It all looks delicious....even Archer's food! I'm not much good in the kitchen unless it's baking cookies!

Melissa said...

Oh, that looks so very, very delicious.

Dawnie said...

mmmmmm, my jam looks so good.
yep MY JAM
xxx